Wordpress/WordPress Theme Trouble

Question
My website has a static front page and regular posts with sidebars. The lsst 7 days strange things have been happening. First, the post page alignment completely became off all of a sudden. I always back up my style.css and I know it is not the issue. Next, the static from page alignment became way off. Next, I created a new static front page and when I view my site online the front page is a combination of two separate pages. The Text and Visual view of that new static page only shows one page - not two. Why and how is all this happening?

Answer
Good Morning Joe,

While it is tough to say specifically without knowing what theme you are on, what server, what version PHP, MYSQL, what plugins do you have, etc...

My best guess here is that you have a theme that is attempting to make the home page out of two pieces of content. The first you have identified is on the page home, and you can edit. The second web page in the WordPress system you want to edit can come from a few places:

1. The theme options - many themes have a box you can put the front page content into within the the theme options, under appearance or the theme specific tab.

2. Widgets could be feeding to this page, check appearance -> widgets

3. The extra content could be hard coded into a template for your home page - you can check this through appearance -> editor, and check all the files (there is no telling what it might be called if it is a custom theme)

4. The extra content could be hidden by the theme options, which have become screwed up, so now it is displaying when it should not be. This could be caused by a conflicting plugin, or by messing with theme options accidentally.

Hope that gets you started, not the easiest problem, if you still have issues be sure to post the theme you are using, the URL of the site, the plugins, and the server specs if possible.

Thanks!
Joshua Jacoby

Wordpress

Joshua Jacoby