Wordpress/wordpress

Question
I have a bluehost account and without even giving them my password they are able to go into my account a create folder or delete them while I was chatting with them. That kind of scares me. Any way to prevent anyone from bluehost to go into my account so easily or at all?

Answer
Since your files are hosted on Bluehost's servers, they will be able to access the files. Bluehost is a well respected web host, so it's unlikely you'll ever have to worry about any foul play on their side.

But you never know when someone might try to hack their servers.

That's why I highly recommend that you regularly backup your own website. You can download a free plugin for Wordpress called UpdraftPlus. It will allow you to setup how often you want to backup your website automatically, and you can save the backup offsite on email, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

That way, if anything does happen to your files on the Bluehost server, you'll be able to restore them with your most recent backup.

Thanks for the great question!

Wordpress

Chris Gagner