I have a bluehost account and without even giving them my password they are able to go into my account a create folder or delete them while I was chatting with them. That kind of scares me. Any way to prevent anyone from bluehost to go into my account so easily or at all?

Since your files are hosted on Bluehost's servers, they will be able to access the files. Bluehost is a well respected web host, so it's unlikely you'll ever have to worry about any foul play on their side.

But you never know when someone might try to hack their servers.

That's why I highly recommend that you regularly backup your own website. You can download a free plugin for Wordpress called UpdraftPlus. It will allow you to setup how often you want to backup your website automatically, and you can save the backup offsite on email, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.

That way, if anything does happen to your files on the Bluehost server, you'll be able to restore them with your most recent backup.

Thanks for the great question!

Chris Gagner

Almost anything about Wordpress. -Getting Started -Finding the right themes & plugins -Search Engine Optimization -Editing CSS, HTML,& PHP -Security & Backups -Finding a good web host Note: I currently only answer questions about single user Wordpress. I don't answer questions about Multi-User.

I've built several personal and business websites with Wordpress, as well as a few others for colleges. In my opinion, it's one of the most powerful ways to make any website (not just blogs)! I've downloaded and used over 400 plugins, and read about many others. I always download free themes for my websites, then heavily customize the CSS and PHP until it looks unique. Over the years I've become an expert in Wordpress because that is all I've ever used to create my websites.

Personal experience using Wordpress since 2007.