I have a wp site and it looks great on medium to large computer screens. It is a three column grid on the home page. However on small screens and tablets it looks bad. It becomes one column and the posts pages are too big to fit the screen. Is there a quick and easy way to fix it or will I need to find an expert programer?

If you want a website that looks good on any size screen, then you need a screen that has been designed with Responsive Design.

Responsive design is CSS code that tells the website to display different ways depending on the width of the screen. To see an example of responsive design, visit PainFreeID.com. If you change the width of your web browser, the website will change with it.

You can either change your current CSS code and make it responsive, or you can find a Responsive Wordpress theme online. There's plenty of choices for free responsive themes.

Here's a tutorial on how to get started with Responsive CSS: http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/beginners-guide-to-responsive-web-design  

Chris Gagner

Almost anything about Wordpress. -Getting Started -Finding the right themes & plugins -Search Engine Optimization -Editing CSS, HTML,& PHP -Security & Backups -Finding a good web host Note: I currently only answer questions about single user Wordpress. I don't answer questions about Multi-User.

I've built several personal and business websites with Wordpress, as well as a few others for colleges. In my opinion, it's one of the most powerful ways to make any website (not just blogs)! I've downloaded and used over 400 plugins, and read about many others. I always download free themes for my websites, then heavily customize the CSS and PHP until it looks unique. Over the years I've become an expert in Wordpress because that is all I've ever used to create my websites.

Personal experience using Wordpress since 2007.