How to Work Out Arguments With a Loved One/Boyfriend wants space after a fight

Question
So my boyfriend is 18 and I believe he isn't emotionally mature yet. I know he has a temper, but when we fight, he likes to left alone. I understand that. I am the opposite, I'd rather talk out the problem and resolve it then and there. I do have a habit of not letting things go so this is my fault.
My boyfriend tells me that he likes space after a fight and will not text or talk to me until he's over it. He normally takes more than 24 hours. Is this normal behaviour?
I let go of fights easily and I start engaging in normal conversation. But he can't. What can I do about this?
Are we just incompatible? And what can I do to make him calm down faster.

There have been some times when he'll apologise first. But sometimes all I can do is wait.

Answer
Hi Michelle,

You should actually be happy that instead of shouting and screaming or creating a  scene he'd rather sulk quietly in  a corner. Trust me you would be thankful for this behaviour in the long run. At 18 he is acting pretty mature and handles his own problems, in a calm manner. People handle anger in different ways, it's just that some people like the colour black and some like red.

Vani

How to Work Out Arguments With a Loved One

Vani