How to Work Out Arguments With a Loved One/indifference

My boyfriend and i have a wonderful relationship, we have been together for over 4 years. There is something i have tried bringing to his attention but i havent seen any effort for a change.

If i ask him something, or try getting his opinion on something that concerns me, or i just ask his opinion on something that concerns friends of mine i always get either "whatever you want to do"
or "that isnt really my business" or "i dont know".

Its a huge disappointment that i hold his opinion in high regard and he completely disregards that and just doesnt want anything to do with it.... I dont really know what to do with this. please help

Hi Courtney,

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. I guess you need to sit with him and discuss this issue at length, and may be set parameters that you would need his opinion on matters concerning you. He wants to just play safe and could be that he does not want to get into any trouble while advising, so assure him that the decision will ultimately be yours but his opinion will make life easier.

How to Work Out Arguments With a Loved One

Can handle all questions pertaining to arguments/difference of opinion among friends, spouses, family, colleagues. The crux is to understand the causality and personality of the people involved in such a complex situation.

Being the eldest child in the family and also one of the eldest in the immediate family, I am a very popular person. About 15 years of work experience has also made me an expert on how to juggle with family and work life in a more balanced manner.

I am an expert on Indian Culture and Inlaw Relationship at

Masters in Business Administration