How to Work Out Arguments With a Loved One/My boyfriend lied to me

I have been with my boyfriend for 17 months. Everything has been wonderful and I really love him and want to be with him forever. He has always treated me right and I would never think he was cheating because I am with him every day. However, a few days ago something happened. I was using his phone to send an email and in his inbox I saw an email from facebook regarding a profile he made. I went to the profile and it was a fake name. I actually had to finish making the profile to see it all but there were no pictures or friends or anything. I asked him why he made it and he told me he lied 4 times about it then he finally told me he made it to see if a girl from his past had blocked him. Why would he care? We have been together 17 months and he is still wondering about her. She's not an ex but I'm guessing they used to flirt. He told me her name and she went to his high school and they aren't friends on facebook so that makes sense. But I worry that a part of that story isn't true. He told me he doesn't have feeling for her and he did it out of curiosity. It just doesn't make sense to me why he would do that. What should I do?

Hi Katie,

Right now give him the benefit of doubt but keep your eyes and ears open. It is possible that he was just curious or it could also be some challenge from a friend. Boys have this thing that they can't tolerate defeat, possibly she walked out on him and he is just checking. But right now there does not seem to be a major cause for concern, so just chill.

How to Work Out Arguments With a Loved One

Can handle all questions pertaining to arguments/difference of opinion among friends, spouses, family, colleagues. The crux is to understand the causality and personality of the people involved in such a complex situation.

Being the eldest child in the family and also one of the eldest in the immediate family, I am a very popular person. About 15 years of work experience has also made me an expert on how to juggle with family and work life in a more balanced manner.

I am an expert on Indian Culture and Inlaw Relationship at

Masters in Business Administration