How to Work Out Arguments With a Loved One/How to deal with arguing with my boyfriend

Okay so I'm madly in love with my boyfriend. We've been dating for a while and I've put up with a lot with him. His former fiance screwed up his finances pretty badly. He's going through bankruptcy so I've been giving up my paychecks and he's trying to shop out in June for the national guard. He's never very exclusive and doesn't talk much either. Sometimes he kinda even be mean. We both agree he's a bit of a masochist. Well lately we've been arguing a lot and both of us are getting really bitchy with each other. Normally I just accept it and let it go but recently I've been getting fed up with it. I don't know how to get him to talk to me so we can work it out. I just feel like I've been sacrificing all of this for nothing. Is there anything I can do?I really don't want to lose him..

Hello Babz,

You need to repair the broken bridges before June. He is low on self esteem and in fact all this harsh behaviour is a veil to hide his insecurity. Sit with him when he is relatively cool and explain to him what you can do to help, while holding his hand. Let him know that you do not quite like the way this relationship is going and would do anything to make things smooth again. Try setting some rules like what words neither of you will use in a conversation, at what juncture would one of you back off, set a target for your relationship before the national guard.

Best wishes,

How to Work Out Arguments With a Loved One

Can handle all questions pertaining to arguments/difference of opinion among friends, spouses, family, colleagues. The crux is to understand the causality and personality of the people involved in such a complex situation.

Being the eldest child in the family and also one of the eldest in the immediate family, I am a very popular person. About 15 years of work experience has also made me an expert on how to juggle with family and work life in a more balanced manner.

I am an expert on Indian Culture and Inlaw Relationship at

Masters in Business Administration