Worker`s Compensation/17% perment disability

Hello Nancy, I have a permanent disability to my lower back of 17%.  I was a waitress my entire life and will have to find a new job because of my limitations.  I made approx $25,000.00 a year prior to my accident. I elected no future medical I have had one surgery that helped but my doctor said I should not have the major surgery to try to accept the pain.  W/c offered me 65,000.00 but the judge said that was inadequate and told them to make me another offer. Please help me what amount do you suggest i am 54 years old Thank you very much  (661)310-0882

Nearly impossible to do without reviewing the QME's final report Future Medical recommendations and the PTP Report medical recommendations.

Just demand $165,000, fully anticipate the adjuster will refuse this, then wait to see what the adjuster counter-offers.

Just know you're uninsurable so you'll have to get insurance through California's (calif. obamacare).    You'll need insurance for at least 13 years (medicare is about to be bumped up to age 67), so that is 13yrs X 12months/yr = 156 payments...   

GUESSING you'd pay about $450/mo, that's $70,200 just for basic insurance without co-payments calculated...   

I wouldn't dip below $88,000 if it were my back, but if you want a 'divorce' from the insurer and they only come up with $75,000, you might take that.

Worker`s Compensation

Nancy Wallace

California injured workers employed by state and private agencies (NOT federal employees) regarding On-The-Job injuries, disability payments, and terminations from being injured on the job (work-related wrongful terminations).

20+ years in California Workers Compensation law practice in California. Certified Specialist, Workers' Compensation, Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California

California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization

Editor, Western State University College of Law newspaper

J.D., Western State University College of Law B.S., cum laude, Cal Poly Pomona

Senior adjuster for one county sent me her husband when they needed caring representation. The injured Employment Development Dept. hearing representative -- who see all applicant's attorneys in the region -- hired me when she got hurt on the job. A Fire Department Chief in Orange County came all the way to San Bernardino for my representation.