Worker`s Compensation/Question

Question
Nancy,

I have a question for you!

I spoke with you last time regarding my issue!

I have been dealing with really bad chronic back pain for 2 1/2 years now and have gone through just about every single treatment that could be done for me.

I have been to: P.T., massage therapy, chiropractor, acupuncture, electric stimulation, biofeedback therapy, and pain management all in the 2 1/2 years that I have been dealing with my work injury.

My primary care doctor gave me a medical document that states that the condition that I have now is now a permanent condition, because of all the treatments that I have gone through without any progress.

I was also referred to an orthopedic within the same 2 1/2 years and was also told that my condition now was a permanent condition but that he would not be able to give that to me in writing.  He said that with all the treatments that I have went through without  progress that a workman's comp doctor would agree with the decision that they have made regarding my condition being a permanent condition.

I recently went to an IME, but my concern is whether the IME doctor is going to agree or disagree with my treating doctor and orthopedic doctor on being a permanent condition.

what are your thoughts?

Answer
My thoughts are you need a certified specialist attorney hand-picking the doctors who are writing about your claim.

You write that a primary care doctor gave you a document stating your condition is permanent.  Is that doctor on the insurer's medical provider network?   If not, that document goes in the trash and is just a waste.   If yes, then that is just one of two reports admitted into evidence.

If that document says you have only 2% whole person impairment but can no longer return to your usual occupation, you are jobless and unemployment but only due $1,000, and the damage is done, you cannot 'unring' the bell.

Just because a condition because permanent IS NOT saying you are 100% disabled and get disability payments for life.   Even Christoper Reeve blowin in a tube to move around a wheelchair would have 96% Permanent disability.

You are a long, long way from 100% and you'll be expected to work somewhere for somebody not being 100% disabled.

Call your local bar association and ask for help finding members who are certified specialists in workers compensation before your get a report that seriously damages your recovery and leaves you unemployed with no income.

Worker`s Compensation

Nancy Wallace