Worker`s Compensation/Question



I have a question for you!

I spoke with you last time regarding my issue!

I have been dealing with really bad chronic back pain for 2 1/2 years now and have gone through just about every single treatment that could be done for me.

I have been to: P.T., massage therapy, chiropractor, acupuncture, electric stimulation, biofeedback therapy, and pain management all in the 2 1/2 years that I have been dealing with my work injury.

My primary care doctor gave me a medical document that states that the condition that I have now is now a permanent condition, because of all the treatments that I have gone through without any progress.

I was also referred to an orthopedic within the same 2 1/2 years and was also told that my condition now was a permanent condition but that he would not be able to give that to me in writing.  He said that with all the treatments that I have went through without  progress that a workman's comp doctor would agree with the decision that they have made regarding my condition being a permanent condition.

I recently went to an IME, but my concern is whether the IME doctor is going to agree or disagree with my treating doctor and orthopedic doctor on being a permanent condition.

what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are you need a certified specialist attorney hand-picking the doctors who are writing about your claim.

You write that a primary care doctor gave you a document stating your condition is permanent.  Is that doctor on the insurer's medical provider network?   If not, that document goes in the trash and is just a waste.   If yes, then that is just one of two reports admitted into evidence.

If that document says you have only 2% whole person impairment but can no longer return to your usual occupation, you are jobless and unemployment but only due $1,000, and the damage is done, you cannot 'unring' the bell.

Just because a condition because permanent IS NOT saying you are 100% disabled and get disability payments for life.   Even Christoper Reeve blowin in a tube to move around a wheelchair would have 96% Permanent disability.

You are a long, long way from 100% and you'll be expected to work somewhere for somebody not being 100% disabled.

Call your local bar association and ask for help finding members who are certified specialists in workers compensation before your get a report that seriously damages your recovery and leaves you unemployed with no income.

Worker`s Compensation

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nancy Wallace


California injured workers employed by state and private agencies (NOT federal employees) regarding On-The-Job injuries, disability payments, and terminations from being injured on the job (work-related wrongful terminations).


20+ years in California Workers Compensation law practice in California. Certified Specialist, Workers' Compensation, Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California

California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization

Editor, Western State University College of Law newspaper

J.D., Western State University College of Law B.S., cum laude, Cal Poly Pomona

Past/Present Clients
Senior adjuster for one county sent me her husband when they needed caring representation. The injured Employment Development Dept. hearing representative -- who see all applicant's attorneys in the region -- hired me when she got hurt on the job. A Fire Department Chief in Orange County came all the way to San Bernardino for my representation.

©2017 All rights reserved.