Worker`s Compensation/Question

My doctor gave my employer a note stating that my injury appears to be a permanent condition.

what does that mean in general?

The doctor is saying you've stopped improving, and this state you're in now is as good as you're going to get, a healing 'plateau'.

So, if the employer was provided 'Temporary' modified duty and now work restrictions are permanent, the employer is forced to either make a permanent special light job for you or fire you.

If you're with a treating physician who sends written notices to the employer and fails to give the writings to you, YOU'RE WITH THE WRONG DOCTOR.

Worker`s Compensation

Nancy Wallace

California injured workers employed by state and private agencies (NOT federal employees) regarding On-The-Job injuries, disability payments, and terminations from being injured on the job (work-related wrongful terminations).

20+ years in California Workers Compensation law practice in California. Certified Specialist, Workers' Compensation, Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California

California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization

Editor, Western State University College of Law newspaper

J.D., Western State University College of Law B.S., cum laude, Cal Poly Pomona

Senior adjuster for one county sent me her husband when they needed caring representation. The injured Employment Development Dept. hearing representative -- who see all applicant's attorneys in the region -- hired me when she got hurt on the job. A Fire Department Chief in Orange County came all the way to San Bernardino for my representation.