Worker`s Compensation/workman's comp


I am an active 61 year old woman working for a major supermarket chain 19 years. Saw my PCP for neck issues and was referred to neurosurgeon after Mri showed cervical stenosis, foraminal narrowing and herniated disk, osteophytes, etc. Neuro would not see me thinking this could be cumulative from checking 19 years. I was told by that office to file W.C. first. Did that, and was referred to spine specialist. He ordered PT and transforaminal injection. I received auth. for this with a 5 week window to have it done. I waited for auth. to be sent to Dr. who would be performing this procedure. [That office refused to set up appt. until they received auth.] Adjuster never sent them auth. and in the meantime the decision due date of 9/16/13 came and went. Also QME appt was scheduled well after decision due date through no fault of my own. Adjuster never sent me the list so had to get it from her over phone. It seems to me that this adjuster did not handle my case fairly. does this happen often? I have retained an attorney and awaiting appeal. The injection would have helped alot as I am still working full duty and am in much discomfort.

Nothing in the Labor Code requires an adjuster to be fair.

The Adjuster's loyalty is to the Insurance Company and it's shareholders.

SO YOU have the responsibility of asserting your rights under the Labor Code.   YOUR ATTORNEY should have done this... you're questions here indicate you have a lazy, ineffective attorney.

Nearly every employer/insurer has A MEDICAL PROVIDER NETWORK.  IT'S THE MPN.

YOUR ATTORNEY can and should select providers from the MPN and PUT DEMANDS FOR SERVICES IN WRITING.

HAD YOUR ATTORNEY  faxed  demands for authorization to the adjuster, the adjuster would have been forced to respond.

PHONE CALLS ARE A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.   No one can prove to a judge the content of any telephone message or call.

WHEN AN OFFICE REFUSED to schedule your appointment, YOUR ATTORNEY SHOULD HAVE written the demand that either the adjuster fax the authorization within 48 hours or he will file a request to see the workers comp judge.  THAT gets authorizations done.   

Waiting and hoping and leaving phone messages being polite gets absolutely nothing accomplished.  

Worker`s Compensation

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nancy Wallace


California injured workers employed by state and private agencies (NOT federal employees) regarding On-The-Job injuries, disability payments, and terminations from being injured on the job (work-related wrongful terminations).


20+ years in California Workers Compensation law practice in California. Certified Specialist, Workers' Compensation, Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California

California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization

Editor, Western State University College of Law newspaper

J.D., Western State University College of Law B.S., cum laude, Cal Poly Pomona

Past/Present Clients
Senior adjuster for one county sent me her husband when they needed caring representation. The injured Employment Development Dept. hearing representative -- who see all applicant's attorneys in the region -- hired me when she got hurt on the job. A Fire Department Chief in Orange County came all the way to San Bernardino for my representation.

©2017 All rights reserved.