World Music/Please teach your recommended artist.

I would be grateful if you could answer my questions.
My favorite artist is Coldplay,The Script and One Republic.
Are there some artists resembling these music?
Please teach recommendation.

I could certainly give you some suggestions and will, but I would also suggest you check out Pandora Radio:

This is a free internet radio site that allows you to put in a song artist you enjoy and it will play music similar to that song or artist. I use it all the time to discover new artists. It's very acurate most of the time at picking up on each piece's unique characteristics when selecting similar items.

A few artists I would suggest taking a listen to would be:
The Fray
Snow Patrol
Matchbox 20
Goo Goo Dolls

Hopefully this gives you a good starting place. If you do decide to try Pandora and find another band you like, a good idea to widen your search is to immediately make another channel with that new band or song.

Hope this helped! Good luck and happy hunting! :)

World Music

Chelsey Moudry

I can answer questions regarding the history and background of music from around the world. For more modern pieces, I can answer questions regarding the country of origin for artists/bands and for some older groups. I am very comfortable with music from: Japan, China, england, Scotland, Ireland, Philippines, India, Canada, USA, Mexico, Russia, and Iceland. I am fairly knowledgeable of other smaller countries as well, but may not be able to comfortably answer too many questions regarding these other countries. "Bollywood" is another area I feel very comfortable with. I could answer questions regarding what film a song is from as well as who is singing.

I collect music from around the world, both old tunes and new. With every song or album I aquire, I always look up the english lyrics in order to understand what the artist is singing about, and I read up on the history of the piece. My curent library holds over 10,000 songs from 85 different countries.

I do not hold a degree, but I have 2 years of college as a vocal music major. Most of my knowledge is gained through self study.