World News/Syrian Crisis

Hello James,
I am looking for an article that explains the Syrian civil war. I have searched on Google, but the information I found was very superficial just like everyday newspapers.
If you know of any, please provide me the link to it.

I'm going to be Head of a Syrian Delegation model/simulation, so I need a good summary from the begging of the crisis.

Many Thanks!

Here are a number of articles. The news articles are useful in that they provide Syrian government statements of policy, which should help you as representatives of that government in your model UN exercise. The other articles are background to the conflict or scholarly analyses. Hope these help.  

World News

James Bruno

Diplomacy and foreign affairs. How government decision-making takes place. Interactions of the White House, State Dept., Pentagon, Congress and CIA in formulating policy. How governments deal with each other. Area expertise includes Afghanistan, Indochina, Europe, Cuba. Served in Guantanamo. Currently a member of the Diplomatic Readiness Reserve and Standby Response Corps.

23-years as a diplomat with the U.S. State Dept. Previously at the Defense Dept. Prior to joining government, worked as a journalist with major news organizations.

CBS-News, UPI; various newspapers. Published novelist: PERMANENT INTERESTS and CHASM.

M.A. - U.S. Naval War College
M.A. - Columbia Univ.
B.A. - George Washington Univ.

Various in government.