Worst of the Web/Giving pictures, name and email to an unknown site

Question
Hello. Even though it happened a few months ago it still bothers me. On Doppelganger day, I entered this site:
http://www.findyourdoppelganger.com/
Usually I'm pretty responsible about the details I share online, but I guess I was flighty that day, and I sent them two regular pictures of mine, my first name and my e-mail address. After that, I couldn't find any information about this site so I don't know if it can be trusted. My question is, whether the site owners can use this information against me for criminal acts? Can it help them get more information about me? (To a level that I should be worried about)
I know I can't do anything now about that, but I'd still like a sincere opinion of an expert.
Thank you very much!

Answer
Dear Dana,

This is the owner of the Doppelganger website pasted below and know you can always check the domain owner via whois, which is free and available to all online users. The only time a person cannot find the owner of a domain is if the domain owner pays to have their contact information kept private from public access. The definition of whois as per Wikipedia is: WHOIS is a query and response protocol that is widely used for querying databases that store the registered users or assignees of an Internet resource, such as a domain name, an IP address block, or an autonomous system, but is also used for a wider range of other information. Since I purchased my domains from GoDaddy, I use their whois look up, which is also free: http://who.godaddy.com/

As of today, 4/23/13, the site is live here in the Unites States and I am looking at it now as I write you. Although no one can ever be 100% sure, it does not seem your information will be used for nefarious reasons. lol...Since you were being "flighty" that day and sent them your images, email address and first name, we will assume it will never happen again. You do not have to be worried, but never give any personal information to anyone in cyberspace unless you are 1000% positive of "who is" asking for that information. Good luck and be cyber safe!!!

Doc Nuccitelli   

Registrant:
Elizabeth Porteous
55C Brook Green
Hammersmith
London, London W6 7BJ
GB

Domain name: FINDYOURDOPPELGANGER.COM

Administrative Contact:
Porteous, Elizabeth elizabethporteous@hotmail.com
55C Brook Green
Hammersmith
London, London W6 7BJ
GB
+1.07889272153
Technical Contact:
55C Brook Green
Hammersmith
London, London W6 7BJ
GB
+1.07889272153

Registration Service Provider:
Fasthosts Internet Limited, domains@fasthosts.co.uk
+44.8445830777
+44.8708883760 (fax)
http://www.Fasthosts.co.uk
http://facebook.com/fasthostsinternet

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 10-Jan-2013.
Record expires on 09-Feb-2014.
Record created on 09-Feb-2006.

Worst of the Web

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli