Worst of the Web/Full name on adult websites

From time to time I do online searches for my name. On more than one occasion I have found my full name listed on adult dating/sex/porn websites. I have never registered for any of these sites. I assume they have obtained (stolen) my name somehow. I feel that my privacy has been violated.

Is it legal for these kinds of sites to obtain someone's name and post the name online without the person's permission?

Thank you.

Cyber Justice
Cyber Justice  
Dear F,

There is no way for any website to 100% verify that the name and identity of the username and profile of an online user is correct. Unfortunately, the answer is "No" it is not illegal. Not knowing your name, is it at all possible that there is someone else with your same name. If you have a unique name and pretty positive someone has stolen your name or identity for nefarious reasons, you can write the website, with your credentials of identity and request the profile be deleted or suspended until the owner of that profile can prove he/she is the real person.

Unfortunately again, please note you are more likely to win the lottery before having a social media site contacts you back. If the info. is real defamatory and you have extra cash to burn, retaining an attorney to write the site is far more effective. The again, who has a couple thousand dollars to pay an attorney.

Your best 1st step is to contact the site owners and be prepared on your 1st contact to email, hard copy mail and call them all at once. Using those three methods will increase your odds of getting in touch with them. Sorry to hear someone has "jacked" your identity and it happens everyday day to thousands of online users.

Good Luck,
Dr. Nuccitelli  

Worst of the Web

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli

cyber bullying, cyber stalking, cybercrime, cyber terrorism, online sexual predators, child predators, Internet safety, psychopathology, criminal psychology, forensic psychology and cyber psychology.

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli is a New York State licensed psychologist and certified forensic consultant. He completed his doctoral degree in clinical psychology in 1994 from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in Chicago, Illinois. In 1997, Dr. Nuccitelli became a licensed psychologist in New York State (License # 013009.) In 2006, he received the Certified Forensic Consultant designation from the American College of Forensic Examiners (Identification # 103110.) In September 2011, Dr. Nuccitelli established iPredator Inc. offering the private & public sectors educational and advisory services regarding cyber bullying, cyber stalking, cybercrime, cyber terrorism and Internet predators. In June 2012, Dr. Nuccitelli and iPredator Inc. launched their long anticipated website,, offering site visitors an incredible amount of information, education and advisory services. Over the last 25 years, Dr. Nuccitelli has worked in the mental health field in a variety of capacities with various clinical populations. Concurrent with his employment in mental health, Dr. Nuccitelli was a practicing psychologist for 10 years and worked in the field of forensic psychology conducting evaluations and consultation for attorneys and court systems. Dr. Nuccitelli has extensive career and academic experiences. His areas of expertise includes forensic & criminal psychology, digital forensic psychology, psychiatric & psychological disorders and developmental psychology. He is an avid follower of national & criminal news and enjoys educating the public by interacting with the media. Dr. Nuccitelli continues to investigate and expand his construct he has constructed, called iPredator. He presently consults with the American College of Forensic Examiners to become the resource and hub for Americans seeking information on iPredators, digital/computer forensics, cyber security and training programs for the professional sector and law enforcement.

American College of Forensic Examiners International

Dr. Nuccitelli's theoretical construct, iPredator, was the feature article in the 2011 Winter issue of the Forensic Examiner published by the American College of Forensic Examiners International. His recent article "2012 Cyber Bullying Tactics," will be split and published in the Summer and Fall issues of their magazine.

Dr. Nuccitelli is a New York State Licensed Psychologist and certified forensic consultant.