Worst of the Web/Help

Question
QUESTION: I was the victim of identity theft this past weekend. It was an international website that I thought was legitimate. Someone was able to grab all of my info from there. (I did the appropriate actions afterwards).

I asked the website to delete my account and they did. Just to check I went back to the website and it says "Page not found" in the address bar but the screen is blank. What is strange is that it's only on my home computer and my office computer. The webpage pops up normally if I try it on other computers. That's the strange part. I asked the website if they blocked me or my IP address and they said no. This sounds very worrisome. I downloaded a free Malwarebytes software to run. Have you heard of this before?

Thanks

ANSWER: Dear HaCHE,

This should be a pretty short and simple answer, which should make you happy ;) What you need to do on the other computers that still show your account is to clear the cache and/or hit refesh a couple times. Here is a link to the definition of "browser cache". http://www.pctools.com/security-news/what-is-a-browser-cache/

Respectfully,
Dr. Nuccitelli

QUESTION: I appreciate the quick response but what I really meant to say was not that my account was showing up but the actually website was showing up on the other computers but not my home one and not my office one in the network where I would login. I'm worried that my home computer and office desk one have some type of bad program on it. I can get onto the main website that I was on in the other office computers but not the two I used for this site. Those are the two computers that show the "Page not found..." when I even go to the URL.

Thanks

Answer
Good Morning HaCHE from New York again and please forgive me as this question is a litte confusing to understand. Given you have been the target of identity theft, I would certainly have all digital devices checked for infiltration. Not just your home computer and office desk computer, but all digital devices you own. This would also include any mobile digital devices such as a smartphone or iPad. I realize it may be a pain in the butt and a little costly, but its the only way to know all devices are clean. I apologize I can not give you more specific advice on those two devices, but if your host provider cannot help fix these connection/network issues, it is possible there may be some lingering infestation from the identity theft.

Good Luck,
Dr. Nuccitelli  

Worst of the Web

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli