Worst of the Web/Unable to remove info from ReverseIT.us

Question
Dear Dr. Nuccitelli,

I have been trying for what seems like ages to have my personal info removed from a reverse phone site called ReverseIT.us. I followed the instructions in the Removing Your Information From Our Search Results section in the site's privacy policy.

http://www.reverseit.us/privacy-policy/

I sent a Data Removal Request Form along with proof of my identity to the address listed in the privacy policy.

The privacy policy says "Please allow upwards of 30 days for us to fully process your Data Removal Request." I have been waiting months and months, but my info is still appearing on the site.

I have sent several emails to , but have never received a reply. I have also contacted the hosting provider (Cybercon) and the reverse proxy service provider (CloudFlare). Both companies say that because they don't own the site, they can't control what appears on the site.

I have also contacted the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse which said, "The websites are not required by law to offer an opt-out, but if they do offer one in their privacy policy or terms of service, they are required to honor it."

I am extremely frustrated that the site is not honoring its own privacy policy. Is there anything I can do to compel the site to remove my info?

Thank you for your help.

Answer
Dear Bill,

Good morning from NY and I'm not familiar with ReverseItDotUs. Based on a quick review of ReverseItDotUs, I see others have had issues removing their information and getting return contacts. Although there is no way to know by doing a quick check like I just did, it is possible they have gone out of business. Below is their Facebook and Twitter accounts, which indicates the latest response from them being several months ago. (a "like" on fb 2-15) I would friend/follow them on these 2 social sites and see if you can get a response. I've also pasted here the Site Jabber review link to read the comments. I wish I could give you better advice, but your quandry is a growing issue for many online users. If the information you're seeking to have removed is sensitive, you may have to retain an attorney to get a court order to have Cybercon and CloudFlare disclose the information you seek. The other recommendation, which also costs money like an attorney is to hire an Information Security expert. Good luck in your endeavor and I'm sorry I cannot solve your issue immediately here at AllExperts.

Respectfully,
Dr. Nuccitelli  
Email: drnucc@ipredatorinc.com
Website: https://www.ipredator.co/

https://www.facebook.com/Reverseit  February 2015
https://twitter.com/reverseitus   April 2014

You can also check the comments in this Site Jabber review link http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.reverseit.us  

Worst of the Web

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli