How to Write a Good Personal Ad/No one is writing to me on

No one is writing to me on and I was wondering if someone can go on the site and go to my profile to read it and tell me where im going wrong thats making women not want to write to me. My screename there is moonlit30s and I live in Escondido, California. Or is it because I need a paid membership just to talk to people? Thanks.

Hi Antonio,
Sorry for the delayed response. Actually, I would have to sign up to see your profile and I don't do that. How long have you had the profile up? Because if it was during the holidays, there is little interest in online dating during that period. You should have more interest now that the new year has begun. You could also try posting to some of the other dating sites and see if the response is different.

I suggest looking at some of the responses to other questions I've been asked. You'll find some good direction about the content your profile should offer readers.
Best of luck,
Emily Calvo  

How to Write a Good Personal Ad

Emily Calvo

Want to try on-line dating? Concerned about safety? Need a better profile? I co-authored "25 Words or Less...How to Write Like a Pro to Meet That Special Someone Through Personal Ads." My co-author and I are copywriters who have more than 20 years of professional experience. For this book, we interviewed more than 100 personal ad users to find the secrets that make the personals really work. I can help you decide what to say, how to say it and how to proceed once you get responses as well as how to respond.

After my divorce more than 20 years ago, I tried the personals when they were in newspapers. Remember those? Sometimes, other commitments would get in the way or I'd burn out on the process. Over the years, I honed my approach. In the interim, I also co-authored a book on advertising, my profession. The research taught me more about how to apply marketing principles to find the right man. Over the years, I also helped numerous other singles find their match and marry. In 2003, I met mine on and we married in 2006.

Loyola University, Industrial Psychology, BA