Writer's Block/Writer's block

I am currently retelling a story about when I went to see a singing group in a theater and I don't really know how to start. I'm wondering when I first heard and getting the tickets or the actual day itself.

Hi Brooke,
I suggest you choose a week-end night (Friday or Saturday) and pretend you got it right. Most entertainment events happen on a week-end, I think.
To break through writer's block, it's not so important to get the actual day but to start writing. Pick a day or date and pretend that was it. Later, you can go back and change it after you either remember or can look up the information.

Your story sounds very interesting!

Dr Brawley

Writer's Block

Patricia Brawley, PhD

EXPERTISE: I work with people who have an idea not expressed yet, commonly called a writer's block. I can help you find the feeling and words to get you back on track with your writing. If being stuck is a general theme in your life, I offer personal coaching. I do not edit or critique your writing.

I am a licensed independent professional counselor, coach, and consultant. I have experience leading writing groups and mentoring writers. I am the author of published short stories and poems, winning awards in each category. I frequently attend writing conferences and participate in an organized writing association. I speak at conferences about topics related to personal growth, mental health topics, and existential living. I have presented original research in Japan, Canada, Italy, Finland, Russia, and across the United States. I have a PhD in Psychology which serves me well to work with the way habits and beliefs interfere or motivate us to succeed. I also am a university level professor and often help people summarize, clarify, and articulate their ideas. Needless to say, I am an avid reader.

American Psychological Association American Counseling Association Gulf South Writers Association Mississippi Counseling Association Mississippi Psychological Association

The Compass - a newsletter for Counselors The Magnolia Quarterly

PhD - Psychology - Saybrook University, San Francisco,CA M.S. - Counseling Psychology - University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS B.S. - Social and Rehabilitation Counseling - University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS Over 1,000 hours continuing education hours.

1st Place - 2011 - Poetry - "Hurricane Point" 1stPlace - 2009 - Short Story - "The Earring"