Writing Books/1st person writing

Question
I'm one of those people that start and stop fiction writing all the time. I think I have 3 stories started so far, all different ideas/characters. My problem is I was told I wouldn't be taken seriously because I like to write in the 1st  person, or generally from the feelings and actions of my main character. Should I be worried about this? I personally enjoy the stories I read that are the same, but I don't find to many of them. Thanks for the help!

Answer
Hi Shay great question!  You can turn around and tell anyone who says that they shouldn't write in the first person that they are talking rubbish!  The latest thriller by the most famous thriller writer in the world, John Le Carre - is in the first person. It is a difficult way to write because it does limit the number of points of view to one - but if you can make it worth is great to read.

Go for it and good luck.

Sandy  

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon