Writing Books/Authors

I had another question about agencies stating "obtains most new clients from recommendations from others." Just wondering how would one go about getting "recommendations from others?" (Do you send your book to a writer or what?) Some people can't make it to conferences where writers may be.

Hi Demetrius,

What happens is that if you send a book to an agent and it is seen as good but not in a genre they deal with, they will send it to a friend in another agency. Books don't usually come from writers friends unless the writer is very famous and recommends your work.

The best strategy is to worry less about agents and make sure your manuscript is going to knock them out first time!

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon

Author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a memoir and children's fiction.I can work with people on the process of writing, what to expect and ask for from an editor. How to work with the publisher`s marketing and publicity people. And how to survive book launches and publicity tours!

Published author of 22 plays, 12 bestselling thrillers, a young adult and three non-fiction titles. Visit his Moroccan blog at http://www.riadzany.blogspot.com for a look at his blogging work.

St Andrews, Helsinki University and other institutions. Adult Educator of the Year Award, Australia