Writing Books/Authors

Question
I had another question about agencies stating "obtains most new clients from recommendations from others." Just wondering how would one go about getting "recommendations from others?" (Do you send your book to a writer or what?) Some people can't make it to conferences where writers may be.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Demetrius,

What happens is that if you send a book to an agent and it is seen as good but not in a genre they deal with, they will send it to a friend in another agency. Books don't usually come from writers friends unless the writer is very famous and recommends your work.

The best strategy is to worry less about agents and make sure your manuscript is going to knock them out first time!

cheers

Sandy

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon