Writing Books/Writing first biography of a friend

Question
Dear Susan,
having just broached the subject of publishing and 'rights' etc with my friend
who is the subject of my biography we are both going into this for the first
time and need to know more about publishing in respect of any future
monies being made - ie, in black and white, should we draw up some sort of
contract?

Answer
Hi Jane:

I would strongly advise you to have a contract with your subject.

The best thing to do would be to consult an attorney - preferably one with some experience in the entertainment industry, where such contracts are common. Contracts are extremely important in the case of a collaborative effort.

If you get into difficulties with the actual writing, please visit my website at http://pygmypress.com. It may be that you can avail yourself of some of my services.

I hope this has helped. If it has a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 1300+ questions.

And good luck with your writing!  

Writing Books

Susan Rand