Writing Books/author bio

Question
Hello:
What should an unpublished writer put in the author bio?

Answer
In the author bio of your first book? I'd put something like:

Demetrius XXX lives and works in XXX with his wife, four kids and large attack dog. This is the first novel of many and he looks forward to years of happy writing.

Or some such. Just very simple. Tell the reader a little about you. It can be cute or funny or serious. Whatever you want.

Now, if you mean the author bio section of a *query letter* then you don't really have to put anything at all, unless it pertains to the book. For example, if you're writing a medical mystery and happen to be an emergency room doctor, that's worth mentioning. But if you're an office worker, it doesn't, so there's no need to include it.

:)

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp