Writing Books/can a kid write a book?

Question
do you think that a kid could actualy wright a book?

Answer
Hi, Wesley!

I saw your question in the question pool, so I figured I'd take it on. Can a kid write a book? Sure. There are plenty who have. The only question is what you mean by "kid." Do you mean a five year old or a twelve year old? Big difference on ability, because the five year old might have a really great story in their head, but haven't learned the TOOLS (grammar, composition, spelling, punctuation) that will make the reader understand the story. Those skills are really important to the writing process, because you have to take the idea and turn it into narrative and dialogue and characterization and flow. But once those have been learned, the sky's the limit! I could name you a dozen authors off the top of my head who started as teens or younger. One is Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, who published her first fantasy at 13. Another is the mega-selling author of "Eragon," Christopher Paolini, who was 15 when he wrote it. So, lots of potential. But you MUST learn the rules before you go too far, because it's much easier to learn them first than to go back and fix it later. Work with a teacher at school if you're really interested. I'll bet they'll help you work on your writing. :)

Good luck, and feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp