Writing Books/a too long idea incubation

Question
Dear Dorothy, I'm a published writer here in Indonesia. I'm currently on the making of my second novel, and I have a serious problem I can't solve alone. It's about the idea incubation.

So here I've incubate my idea for nearly 5 months. I think it's too long, really. I usually incubate my idea for 1 week or so. But this is a special case. I haven't got my final idea until now!

My criteria of "final idea", is something that could make me write non-stop, full with exploding enthusiasm, and hence, with that kind of spirit, usually the story will reach the finish line. So I usually choose not to start writing until I get the final idea.

Now, when I don't have that final idea, I can't write my second novel, and it's frustrating. People told me that it's writer's block. But I have tried many ways to overcome writer's block--reading, watching TV/movies, talk to people, but still I failed to get the final idea.

I read a book that said, "Let the idea incubate itself. Don't push yourself to write until the idea reach the final form."

But it has been too long, don't you think? What should I do? Should I keep waiting, or should I write anything I have on my head, even those ideas couldn't give me the exploding enthusiasm?

Oh yes, and P.S, I just accepted a prestigious writing award recently in Indonesia, so you can tell that my name's kinda hot now, and my readers always plead me to release my second novel ASAP! I'm in deadline here! Thank you for the answer.

Answer
Hello Farida,

Begin to write.  I never incubate an idea.  I sit down and begin to write, never knowing where the story will go until I get there.  Sometimes I think I have woven a knot too tight to untie, but somehow, when it is necessary, I see the unfolding of the knot and write it down.  

The way you write, you stifle the muse.  The muse is your creative genius and if you box it up with an incubated idea ... writer's block insues.  Instead of incubating, trust the muse to guide you throughout and write it as you see the scenes unfolding in your mind. My characters come when they are needed and they help me write the story.

Happy writing,
Dorothy

Writing Books

Dorothy K Morris