Writing Books/query letter

Question
QUESTION: Hello Cathy.

In an agent-query letter, the title of the book in question is normally italicized. My question: would it be seen as unprofessional to set it in bold italics?

Regards (& Happy New year!)
Dan

ANSWER: Hi, Dan!

No, not at all. You can italicize, bold or even put it in ALL CAPS. You just want the agent to recognize it as something other than normal text. There's no set standard, so you should be fine!

Good luck, and let me know if you have any other questions. :)

Cathy

QUESTION: Follow-up:

I expect you do not, and will surely understand if you do not, but boldness demands I ask if you offer criticism of query letters.

Dan O'Hanlon

Answer
Well, you're welcome to send it along, but I'll have to warn you that I have very limited time right now. I'm on deadline and still have another 30K words to write by the end of next week...so it's hit or miss whether I'll be able to. Still, if you don't mind waiting, hit the private reply and paste it in. :)  Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp