Writing Books/question on writing a life story

I have already wrote my life story but now I'am stuck. I need to know how to put into script, and when I figure that out, do I then start to find the characters for the scenes. I am trying to turn this into a movie.

Dear Kirby,

Congratulations on having completed your life story. If you're now seeking to turn that story into a screenplay, your best bet is to pick up some books on screenwriting -- both for the formatting, which is quite specific, and for general instruction on how to craft a script. There's just too much involved in what you're seeking for quick answers in this kind of forum.

By the way, if you're anywhere near Santa Fe this spring, the annual Santa Fe Screenwriting Conference is a powerful and profoundly instructive experience  that would no doubt help you with this project.

Regardless, good luck, and keep writing,
Mark David Gerson
author, The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write & The MoonQuest

Writing Books

Mark David Gerson

Happy to answer questions about writing, writer's block, publishing/self-publishing. Can answer general questions, but not available to critique work.

Published author; have taught writing for 15 years at colleges, universities and community centers in the U.S. and Canada.

Southwest Writers New Mexico Book Co-op

Author of the fantasy adventure, The MoonQuest, and the book of writing inspiration and practice, The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write. Freelanced full-time as a writer, journalist and editor for more than a decade. Published in a wide range of publications. Free inspirational e-newsletter has 1200 subscribers in more than a dozen countries.

Published Author. Published Freelance Writer. More than 15 years of teaching/coaching/consulting.

New Mexico Discovery Award 2006; Award-Winning Finalist in Visionary Fiction, the National Best Books 2007 Awards