Writing Books/Book Writing

I intend writing a book on teenagers (Their affairs and what God says about them), supporting it with bible perspectives about the teenage behaviour generally. How do i go about it? How do i start

Hello Idahor:

Start by listing all the things you want to point out about your topic. Just write them down as they come to you, in no particular order. Reference your Bible quotes by writing book, chapter and verse. When you have totally exhausted your ideas and they are all down on your PC or on paper, look at your list and see if any appear to belong together. Put these into groups. Label the groups as you like. For any that don't seem to fit in any group, put them under category "Miscellaneous."

Once you have your groups labeled. look at the points you have listed under each one and see if they suggest any particular order. If they do, arrange them that way. If they don't, leave them as they are.

Once this is done, you have a rough outline. Start writing, going back and forth between your draft and your outline. Add things as they come to you, whether they are on the outline or not. Don't worry about whether the writing is good or bad, that is not a concern at this point.

When you have worked your way through the entire outline, you have a first draft that can be expanded or reduced as necessary.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated.  I am proud of my high score over 1350 questions.

And thank you for writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand

I can answer questions about the elements of fiction and non-fiction writing: how to get started, writing techniques, re-writing, etc. I will NOT write for you, do critiques except from my website at http://pygmypress.com, or give you ideas. I will not answer home-or-schoolwork questions in any category. If English is your second language, please say so, and I will make an exception. Please submit no more than one or two questions at once, as I tend to go into detail in my answers.

I wrote my first book in 1957 and have been writing and studying writing since. I have a BA in Written Communications, and have taught writing both privately and through adult education for 15 years. Have also edited (fiction books) for an online publisher and edited/wrote more than 100 articles for a teen sex education site. Currently writing web content and mentoring beginning writers.

BA degree in Written Communication