Writing Books/Childrens Book Queries

Because of their short length, is it appropriate to send the manuscript of a childrens book with a query letter? Written letter? Email query?

Hello Roger,

Submission processes vary from agent to agent, publisher to publisher. Whichever agent or publisher you are targeting for submitting your query letter and manuscript, make sure you follow their process exactly. Depending on the agent/publisher, they may require you to submit everything via email or snail mail, most often they do want the full manuscript with your letter. Best thing to do is investigate the agent/publisher you are considering. Good luck,

Writing Books

J.L. Slipak

Novel writing is my specialty but I've several articles advocating for human rights and the rights of special needs. I've also written children stories, historical romance, fantasy, trilogies, and non-fiction. I have editorial experience and have worked with literary agents, self-publishing, publishing companies in both the United States and Canada. I imagine I can answer any questions asked about this field, and if not, can direct the question to someone who could.

six articles, two novels, three children's books, two triologies and currently working on an auto-biography

BFA, working towards my masters