Writing Books/Childrens Book Queries

Question
Because of their short length, is it appropriate to send the manuscript of a childrens book with a query letter? Written letter? Email query?

Answer
Hello Roger,

Submission processes vary from agent to agent, publisher to publisher. Whichever agent or publisher you are targeting for submitting your query letter and manuscript, make sure you follow their process exactly. Depending on the agent/publisher, they may require you to submit everything via email or snail mail, most often they do want the full manuscript with your letter. Best thing to do is investigate the agent/publisher you are considering. Good luck,

J.L.

Writing Books

J.L. Slipak