Writing Books/ghostwriters

Question
Hi Iam a first time writer.I have great ideas, great story lines, and endings. My problem is in dialogue. Is it possible to get good ghost writers from countries such as India since they are much cheaper than U.S ghost writers? And if so where do I begin looking.
Thanks Sean.

Answer
Most ghostwriters write nonfiction, not fiction. If you want to write fiction, good fiction, learn to write good dialogue. Like anything else you want to conquer, it takes time, study, and practice, but if you have good story ideas, you, and probably only you, can create the characters and their dialogue to make the stories come to life. In addition, writers in India do charge less, but if you want to write for an American audience, hiring someone for whom English is a second language is probably not going to result in believable, convincing dialogue. Read a book on how to write good dialogue. Listen in on conversations, rather than joining in. Hear how people talk. Read books that have good dialogue in them and see how other popular authors handle dialogue. Donít hold yourself back as a writer by refusing to learn how to write good dialogue. Also, a good editor may help point out exactly where your weaknesses and strengths are in dialogue, so you will know where to improve.

Last of all, know this fact: good contemporary fiction is 70% dialogue. Do you really want a ghostwriter to produce 70% of your book?

I hope you have signed up for my free newsletter for writers. If not, go to www.zebraeditor.com and click on "Free newsletter."

Thank you for your question, and keep coming up with those story ideas! Good for you!

Writing Books

Bobbie Christmas