Writing Books/software suggestion

Question
Dear Ms. McCutcheon:

Could you recommend a software program or some sort of system to guide me through writing my manuscript?  Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Dear Cherie,

The only program most writers use is Microsoft Word. It is particularly good for novels and short stories because of the formatting options. However if your manuscript is for film, the best program is called "First Draft".

The main reason for using MS Word is that this type of document is what any publisher or agent will ask you to submit. If you use any other you would then need to type the entire manuscript out again into Word before sending it off.

All the best with your writting!

Cheers

Sandy

Writing Books

Sandy McCutcheon