Writing Books/Fiction Story Characters

Question
I'm writing a story in which I have to introduce a lot of characters at the same time. Can you tell me a good way to do this without confusing anyone?

Answer
This is hard to answer without knowing more details, such as the number of characters you're introducing and the circumstances (the scene) in which they're being brought into the story.

The thing to keep in mind, Miranda, is that it's easy to overwhelm your reader.  Introducing several characters simultaneously is generally not a good idea.

See if you can space them out a little bit.  Think of a book or movie in which there are a lot of "main" characters and look to see how they were introduced.  I think you'll find that they're rarely introduced more than a couple/few at a time.

If such spacing can work for your story, I strongly suggest you try that, rather than all at once.

Writing Books

Vincent M. Wales