Writing Books/Freelance

Question
Would you know how I could get started with freelance work?  I have tried contacting some magazine and newspapers via e-mail inquiring about the same but they never respond.  Is there a more direct way?  What am I doing wrong?  I feel like submitting small articles is a good way to get my foot in the door but can't even find the door at this point.

Answer
CJ,

Freelance is a particular market where certain entities need freelancers for articles on subjects they delegate.

Google "freelance jobs" and join the freelance networks, forums, posting boards, job boards, etc...

You can post your writer's resume and qualifications for being a freelance writer.

As far as submitting articles and stories, etc., you have to search ezines, etc. and read their submission guidelines. Most are non-paying.

Print magazines and newspapers is a tough business to get printed in.

You need to read their submission guidelines and follow it to have a chance.

The best thing to do is the freelance forums and job boards.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett