Writing Books/a novel idea plot

I'm writing a novel about a girl who fell in love with a guy who si eleven years older then she was. Before she started dating him she thought he was only three years older then her. When she found out he lied about his age she dumped him. He then began to stalk her when she began to date his brother.

My question is is this plot too much or would be orignal if I were to write in a certain way

The plot of the age difference and breaking up-- and he stalking her, is no winning story.

It is humdrum and plain.

You will need to put some real thriller stuff in there and suspense and mystery to capture the reader's attention and get them to hold onto their seats.

There are a million movies with that basis of a plot, but the difference in all of them is the angles of subplots, suspense, how she reacts and survives, and his derangement. What does he do different than the average stalker? What perils is she facing? How does she live under these circumstances? How does she fight back? Do the police help her, or hinder her? Do they believe her? Is there a certain detective that thinks she's pretty and takes an interest in her, and helps her, then falls in love after he saves the day? What is the background on the ex-boyfriend? Has he done this before? Has he killed before?

You will need to ascertain all these things and develop it into some original and personal subplots of your characters.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.