Writing Books/referencing magazines in email queries

Question
I understand that an email query should be plain text, but how then do I
distinguish the newspapers, magazine articles, screenplays, etc. that I reference
in my credits?

Answer
Hi, Linda!

You can do one of a couple of things. For example,

My writing credits include: 1) "A Great Article," (Ladies Home Journal, May, 2004); 2)...

or

My writing credits include: 1) A GREAT ARTICLE, (Ladies Home Journal, May, 2004); 2)...

Either is acceptable. But in the context of a query you're normally free to use HTML so you can use italics, bold and underscore. It's only when you get to the writing sample that they want Plain Text. But if the instructions specify plain text, then either of the above is acceptable. Good luck!

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp