Writing Books/writing a book

Hi, I am writing a book on our traditional owners of our country, the aboriginals of Australia. they have stories that cannot be changed about thier beliefs. I want to include these stories, can I reproduce these stories unaltered from where I decide to copy them, reference the source and include it in the bibliography to make it legal

Yes, as long as you reference the source giving credit.

If you use word for word, you must use quotations as quoting the source and directly below the quote, note the source.

Otherwise, you can put the stories into your own words, and in the back of the book, have a reference to all the sources as your research to the stories.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.