Writing Books/writing a book

Question
Hi, I am writing a book on our traditional owners of our country, the aboriginals of Australia. they have stories that cannot be changed about thier beliefs. I want to include these stories, can I reproduce these stories unaltered from where I decide to copy them, reference the source and include it in the bibliography to make it legal

Answer
Yes, as long as you reference the source giving credit.

If you use word for word, you must use quotations as quoting the source and directly below the quote, note the source.

Otherwise, you can put the stories into your own words, and in the back of the book, have a reference to all the sources as your research to the stories.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett