Writing Books/Use of real names

I've written my first short story about playing baseball in my 50's.  It's basically for laughs.  Issue: I'm using the real names of my team mates and refer to members of a particular team.  Nothing libelous is written. However, for comedic effect, one could contend my characterizations are unflattering or, even, disparaging.  I do write in a couple sentences at the end about "How I misjudged people, etc."  Would this open me to a lawsuit?  Your advice?

You can not use the real names of people without their written consent.

Even if you did not write anything disparaging, the readers may interpret them in a dim light-- which is libelous.

You must get each person's written permission, or change the names to fictitious names.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.