Writing Books/Victorian Dialogue

I'm writing a novel with Victorian dialogue and I'm not sure how to write dialogue between the Lady and the servant. The lady who is the main characters still lives with her father. Her maid is her age and I'm not sure what words they should use to address each other. I don't know if you can help me since you don't specialize in England's historical fiction, but I was wondering if you could give me any suggestions.

It so happens that I publish collections of public domain books on CD and DVD.  In particular you would benefit from my British Literature collection, three CDs, with the full text of over 3000 books, selling for just $69.  Most of those books are from the 19th century, and many have dialogue between ladies and servants.  You can see the full table of contents at

Best wishes.

Richard Seltzer,

Writing Books

Richard Seltzer

I prefer questions that directly relate to my current areas of interest: historical works and historical fiction dealing with Russia and Ethiopia around 1900.

Author of fiction:
The Name of Hero, historical novel (Tarcher/Houghton Mifflin)
The Lizard of Oz, fantasy (B&R Samizdat)
Also nonfiction:
The AltaVista Search Revolution (Osborne/McGraw-Hill)
Shop Online the Lazy Way (Macillan)

See my Web site
for complete novels and short stories by me, as well as resources for