Writing Books/My book idea

I'm a 21 year old girl who's been delusional for the past two years of my life.  My
delusions were pretty interesting.  Do you think it would make a good book, or
do people not care about that type of stuff?

Dear Rachel,

Write it if it's a book YOU want to write, if it's a book that is calling to be written. That's the real reason to write. If it's a book that emerges from your core, your heart, and speaks of your experiences in an honest, authentic way, it's bound to be healing for both  you and others.

If you ever check out my book on writing, The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write, I would recommend starting with the chapter titled "The Right Idea."

Good luck, however you decide to proceed.

Mark David Gerson

Writing Books

Mark David Gerson

Happy to answer questions about writing, writer's block, publishing/self-publishing. Can answer general questions, but not available to critique work.

Published author; have taught writing for 15 years at colleges, universities and community centers in the U.S. and Canada.

Southwest Writers New Mexico Book Co-op

Author of the fantasy adventure, The MoonQuest, and the book of writing inspiration and practice, The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write. Freelanced full-time as a writer, journalist and editor for more than a decade. Published in a wide range of publications. Free inspirational e-newsletter has 1200 subscribers in more than a dozen countries.

Published Author. Published Freelance Writer. More than 15 years of teaching/coaching/consulting.

New Mexico Discovery Award 2006; Award-Winning Finalist in Visionary Fiction, the National Best Books 2007 Awards