Writing Books/matching agent with material

Question
Hello:
It was an awful lot to match my book with an agency that handled material similar to mine. Do you have any tips that may help me do so?

Answer
Dear Demetrius:

Yes, it's a lot of work to find an agent that handles what you write.  My best suggestions are to use Literary Market Place which lists agents names by what kind of books they handle.  So does Writer's Market Literary Agents.  Decide what genre your book is, look up that genre in the index of either book and copy down all the names of agents listed there.  Then you can go back to the detailed listings for each of those agencies to find out their guidelines for submissions.

Good luck!  The hard work will pay off, I promise!

Liz Aleshire
www.lizaleshire.com

Writing Books

Liz Aleshire