Writing Books/novel

Question
Hi, I have one question. I have just finished writting my first novel and I want to know how do you have the novel published?

Answer
Hi, Sean!

One little question--but it's a BIG answer. First you have to decide whether you want to have it published by one of the major publishers like Random House, Dell or such, or if you think the subject matter is more "local" in scope that it might do better with a small press. You might also wish to self-publish, but that's a hard road to start. Self-publishing basically turns YOU into the publisher so you have to deal with things like cover art, formatting and marketing. With a large press (or even a good quality small one) they do these things for you. Also, most of the large presses offer an "advance," or money to the author up front that is later repaid by royalties on the sale.  

How about you tell me what you have in mind doing, and the genre (where in the bookstore you think your novel would be shelved) and I'll try to steer you right. :)

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp