Writing Books/Agent

I discovered a more about the agent. It's " No unsoc. manuscript. query first with sase" Does this mean he wants no sample chapters, (as this would be a manuscript) only the query as some as for just letter?

Correct. No sample chapters. No synopsis. Just a single page letter with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope enclosed. The "stamped" part might be tricky for you. Do I remember right that you're not in the United States? Publishers generally aren't willing to work with IRCs (International Reply Coupons) because they can't be dropped in a mailbox or go out in a mailroom anymore (since the 9/11 terrorist attack.) Someone actually has to hand-deliver a letter bearing IRCs to a post office, and agents/publishers often won't because they don't have the personnel available.

If you don't have access to U.S. postage stamps, it could be difficult to query this agent. I think it's possible to buy U.S. stamps on the Post Office's website when you're outside the country, but I haven't looked to be certain. Still, here's their website if you want to look:  http://www.usps.gov

Good luck!

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of writing novels, from the beginning kernel of an idea through completion. I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology and acronyms. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication. I can teach the rules of formatting a manuscript, creating viable plots, characterization and flow in the following genres: romance, science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, suspense, horror, women's fiction, mainstream and mystery.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen novels (combination of mass market and trade softcover) since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, RT BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award winner, 2009, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.