Writing Books/Querying a self-published book

Question
If I have a book that I have self-published (or am in the process of self-publishing), should I mention this fact in my query letter to agents when trying to find an agent for the book? Is this something that the agent would expect to be informed of, or is it information that I don't need to disclose in my query?

Answer
I'm not sure why you would need an agent if you are self-publishing.

If you have an already self-published book and want to get it published by a traditional publisher, and want a literary agent to represent you, then you must tell the agent, to be honest.

But, I doubt any agent will take you on with a self-published book. No published wants to published an already published book that was "self-publihed."

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett