Writing Books/searching for help

Question
Hello Susan,
 Well, my name is cerelle an i want so bad to write a autobiograohy but i just don't no how to start the book can u please help me. I have alot of things to write about.Please help

Answer
Hi, Cerelle!

I saw your question in the pool and thought I'd offer to help. I don't write memoirs (the "technical" name for an autobiography in the publishing trade) myself, but know a bunch of people who do.

There's a great thread on a writing forum I visit a lot about the best "how-to" books for writing memoirs. It might help to read it and write down some of the book titles, since learning HOW to write one is sort of what you're looking for.

Here's a link to get you started, and you might want to wander around the "Life Story Writing" room where this thread sits. You can go into the main room by scrolling to the top of this link and looking for the "Life Story Writing" link in the pale blue box, just above the "Post Reply" button.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68500&highlight=getting+sta

You might have to cut and paste the link into your browser in case it doesn't hyperlink in your email browser.

You'll notice when you visit that a lot of the people on the thread are published authors (and more than one are New York Times best selling memoir authors!) so you'll definitely get good advice there.

Hope that helps a little. Feel free to ask any other questions that come up, and good luck! :)

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp