Writing Books/my 1st book

Question
hi i have a great story i want to write about but not sure how to start.its a non fictional story and at the moment im just starting to write down little bits and pieces kind of like rough notes for my ideas so when i start writing i can go back to my notes.example im writing down characters names,names of baddies,name of places,weapons and so on.can you please give me any advice on how to prepare and to get started.my story is about a young boy who ends up in a coma and while in a coma is thrown into a world known as NEVAEH (HEAVEN BACKWARDS)as in this world the word HEAVEN is a mirrored word,anyway he meets loads of characters on the way who have died dating back to beginning of time some good some evil.one character who helps him on this quest it a 12year old samurai warrior king who was poisoned in 1647 japan.anyway its about good vs evil.thanks for reading this and hope you can help me out.

Answer
Hello Paul:

Unless all these things actually happened to someone, you are writing fiction.

Keep making your notes, and be sure to save your work; it is also a good idea to date everything. When you feel you have enough notes, sort them according to when they happen in the story, and make a list of the main events. From this list, make an outline.

Once your outline is made, you will be able to write from your outline, going back and forth between it and the text to make sure you are following your outline. As you can see, the outline is very important, so you should spend quite a bit of time on it.

I hope this helps. If it does, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated.  I am proud of my high score over 1350+ questions.

And good luck with your writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand