Writing Books/BOOK TITLES

Question
Can one use a bastardization of a word or phrase with impunity? For example if I wrote a book about President Bush and called it "Bush-Wacked" or Former NY Governor and entitled it All-Spitzered Up or about any public figure or institution

Answer
Hello Joseph:

By all means, go ahead and bastardize! If they can do it on TV ("Lil Bush") you can, too. By this means, many words become part of the English language. I doubt very much if this would rise to the level of libel, or Saturday Nigh Live and Comedy Central would be out of business. Commedian Lewis Black does this all the time: he's one of many.

Have fun!

I hope this has helped.  If it has, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 1350 questions.

And good luck with your writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand