Writing Books/BOOK TITLES

Can one use a bastardization of a word or phrase with impunity? For example if I wrote a book about President Bush and called it "Bush-Wacked" or Former NY Governor and entitled it All-Spitzered Up or about any public figure or institution

Yes you can, however when you write about someone, you open yourself up to slander and defirmation of character law suits.

It's not the title that you need to worry about, titles are open, except for titles already used and thus, copyrighted.

It's the content of the book-- you can not write about anyone and expect not to be sued. You need there written permission in contract.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.