Writing Books/BOOK TITLES

Question
Can one use a bastardization of a word or phrase with impunity? For example if I wrote a book about President Bush and called it "Bush-Wacked" or Former NY Governor and entitled it All-Spitzered Up or about any public figure or institution

Answer
Yes you can, however when you write about someone, you open yourself up to slander and defirmation of character law suits.

It's not the title that you need to worry about, titles are open, except for titles already used and thus, copyrighted.

It's the content of the book-- you can not write about anyone and expect not to be sued. You need there written permission in contract.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett