Writing Books/External Conflict

Hey Jannie!

My name is Cassie and I need some help. I am working on a novel right now that calls for a lot of external conflict between characters. Do you have any tips to make it seem natural and to get yourself in the frame of mind for writing verbal fights between friends - and enemies? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Cassie, use "real life" incidents, verbal exchanges (words and sayings) and draw from your own experiences in conflicts: friends and family's conflicts you've witnessed, and even on TV and the movies.

Any dialog should always be normal talk as you talk. It's the third person narrative that is formal.

Writing Books

Jannie Balliett

I am a published writer, Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing, specializing in novel writing, and creative writing. I can answer most any question concerning writing a book, plot and characterization, tighten the prose, and the editing process, and help advise with publishing and the requirements of obtaining a literary agent.

I'm a published writer, freelancer, and Chief Editor and own A1 Editorial Service. I teach writing for my two Online writer workshops.

Sisters In Crime Internet Chapter, The Short Mystery Fiction Society, and Brazos Writers Group.

Writers Post Journal magazine, May 2006 issue, Augusr 2006 issue, Nov/December 2006 issue and soon in 2008, On A Whim, flash fiction anthology, offered in Barnes & Nobles and Amazon.

Some college, creative writing, fiction writing

I have numerous clients using my service through my editorial service and numerous members in my Online writer workshops.