Writing Books/outline or synopsis?

You remember that I said someone listed that they want 2 or three page outlines, and you said I should e-mail if they want a narrative synopsis or chapter by chapter outline? I did e-mail him and received this response : "for starters-just a brief query summary of the book and see if even the topic and story are of interest for my list.  thanks." (I already sent him a query letter)

It's really hard for an agent to match up a query with an email question sometimes (because a different name could show up in their inbox, or an assistant might see the letter first.) If the agent hasn't responded to the query yet, then let it go and wait to hear back to see if they WANT an outline at all. If you already got a rejection, then don't RE-query. Move on to the next person on the list.  JMHO, of course.

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of writing novels, from the beginning kernel of an idea through completion. I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology and acronyms. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication. I can teach the rules of formatting a manuscript, creating viable plots, characterization and flow in the following genres: romance, science fiction, fantasy, thrillers, suspense, horror, women's fiction, mainstream and mystery.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen novels (combination of mass market and trade softcover) since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, RT BOOKreviews Career Achievement Award winner, 2009, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.