Writing Books/outline or synopsis?

Question
You remember that I said someone listed that they want 2 or three page outlines, and you said I should e-mail if they want a narrative synopsis or chapter by chapter outline? I did e-mail him and received this response : "for starters-just a brief query summary of the book and see if even the topic and story are of interest for my list.  thanks." (I already sent him a query letter)

Answer
It's really hard for an agent to match up a query with an email question sometimes (because a different name could show up in their inbox, or an assistant might see the letter first.) If the agent hasn't responded to the query yet, then let it go and wait to hear back to see if they WANT an outline at all. If you already got a rejection, then don't RE-query. Move on to the next person on the list.  JMHO, of course.

Cathy

Writing Books

Cathy Clamp