Writing Books/topic

Question
"Hi, I feel kind of embarrassed as I write this. See, I am a 10 year old, but I do want to start writing a story. I think I am pretty good at it I have written award winning stories. There is just one problem, I don't know where to start. I don't have a topic to start off with. I feel that the more I read stories the  smaller my opportunities as a young author are. I guess if you helped me, I could get passed that hard part and you know start writing. I just need a little push.

Answer
Hi Eileen:

You are young, but that's good, because you have more time to learn!

Here are some things you might try:

1. Consult your teacher.

2. See if you can find another student at your school who likes to write, and write together. You can give each other ideas, keep each other going and make friends at the same time! This can be a fun experience.

3. Google "how to write short stories," and find a site with the information you need. Also, there are plenty of books in your public library on writing, and possibly at your school library, also.

Write about things that are happening all around you, about what you learn at school or read in the newspaper, about your family and friends, about what people your age are concerned about these days. Look around you - the world abounds with topics!

I hope this has helped.  If it has, a nice rating would be greatly appreciated. I am proud of my high score over 1350 questions.

And good luck with your writing!

Writing Books

Susan Rand